Botanical Name: Scrophularia ningpoensis
Do not confuse with California figwort (Scrophularia californica), lanceleaf figwort (Scrophularia lanceolata), Maryland figwort (Scrophularia marilandica), or figwort (Scrophularia nodosa). Ningpo figwort is widely cultivated in China for its medicinal properties.
No Clinical Research:All other conditions.
- Slow Pulse
- Avoid or contact a licensed healthcare practitioner, if you have heart disease.
- Ningpo figwort may cause light-headiness, weakness, shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, or pulse rate changes.
Taking Ningpo figwort during pregnancy and breast-feeding may cause adverse events. In addition, there is not enough information on the use of supplements containing Ningpo figwort during pregnancy and breast-feeding, so consult a licensed healthcare practitioner before use or avoid use. 
- Drugs to Treat Heart Failure
- Drugs to Treat Irregular Heartbeats
- Heart Beta-Blockers (such as propranolol)
- Heart Calcium Channel Blockers (such as nifedipine and verapamil)
Ningpo figwort is not a "drug", so the best doses have not been thoroughly established. Make sure to follow the specific product instructions and take as directed on the label, or consult a licensed healthcare practitioner before use.
1. Fetrow CW, Avila JR. The complete guide to herbal medicines. Spring House, PA, USA: Springhouse Corporation; 2000. 2. Fetrow CW, Avila JR. The complete guide to herbal medicines. Spring House, PA, USA: Springhouse Corporation; 2000.
The "-" means there is no information.